Sarson Ka (Da) Saag is one of the most savored curries in northern India, especially in Punjab and Haryana region. Made from mustard leaves (Sarson) and spices, this delicious curry can enliven your taste bud merely with its delicious essence. In Punjab region, it is regarded as the traditional way of making Saag. Besides its delicious taste, Sarson Ka Saag is a reservoir of nutrients because of its rich Vitamin A ingrediants. This lip smacking dish along with Makki Di Roti makes a wholesome breakfast and sumptuous lunch. A very popular phrase “Sarson Da Saag aur Makki Di Roti” is more often used in Hindi movies. Go through the following lines and get quick to make recipe for Sarson Ka Saag.
Sarson Ka Saag is a popular dish in north India. Find here an easy to make at home recipe.
Sarson Ka Saag
- 1 bunch Sarson greens
- 1 bunch Spinach
- 1 Onion (grated)
- 1/2 tsp. each Ginger and Garlic grated 3 green Chilies
- 1 tbsp. grated Cheese or Paneer (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Ghee and 1 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. Garam Masala
- To make Sarson Da Saag, you need to chop both greens (Sarson and Spinach) and wash them properly.
- Afterwards, boil both the greens for softening.
- Once the greens are ready to cook, heat oil in Pressure Cooker and add both greens (Sarson and Spinach), green chilies, ginger, garlic and mix them properly.
- Also, add few pinches salt and 1 cup water in the mixture.
- After adding required ingrediants, cook it in Pressure Cooker till 2 whistles.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add onion, saute. Stir the mixture for two to three minutes or till it becomes brown.
- Once the mixture of onion and saute becomes brown, add prepared paste of Sarson and Spinach along with other ingredients (except cheese) and Garam Masala, in the pan.
- Now, you need to stir all the ingrediants and cook till oil separates.
- Garnish the curry with cheese to make it more delicious.
- Sarson Da Saag is ready to serve.