Rasmalai is a savory dessert that is soft and juicy. Its smooth texture sooths the pallet and melts in ones mouth, leaving behind a heavenly, sweet milky taste. Considered a majestic dish, Rasmalai remains one of the most sought after sweets prepared on festive occasions. The main ingredients of this delectable dish include a rich blend of cheese, milk, sugar and kesar, which give it a royal flavor, fit for kings. Rasmalai is prepared at home by most of the traditional Indian households, however in bigger cities, most people end up buying it from shops. Therefore, if you are one of the later, then go through easy to follow recipe of Rasmalai given in this article and make this sumptuous dish at home.
Rasmalai is a luscious dessert prepared on the occasion of Diwali. Given below is a simple recipe to make this wonderful sweet.
- 4 lbs Cows Milk or Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Sugar
- 64 oz Half & half milk
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom seeds (crushed)
- A pinch of Saffron
- 1 cup Blanched almonds
- 4 tbsp Green pistachios (crushed)
- First of all, mix sugar and cardamom powder with cheese.
- Then spread out the mixture on a baking tray.
- Now bake the mixture at 350° for 1/2 an hour till it gets light brown.
- Take out the mixture from the oven and keep it for cooling at normal temperature.
- Now, cut 2" squares and place them in a dessert bowl.
- Now in a separate dish, mix all the other ingredients together, except the pistachios and pour them over the cubes.
- Finally garnish the dish with pistachios and chill it in the refrigerator for around 2 to 3 hours, before serving.