Pav Bhaji is a Marathi fast food dish and is mostly savored in western and central region of India, especially in Gujarat and Maharashtra state. In Mumbai and other cities of Maharashtra, people start their day with the delicacy of Pav Bhaji. One can easily find Pav Bhaji stall or corner across the streets of Mumbai. This spicy cuisine is a combination of Pav (a small loaf of bread) and Bhaji (vegetable dish). Bhaji is a mashed mix vegetables curry garnished with coriander, chopped onion. Usually, Pav is buttered on all sides. You must be thinking about preparing Pav Bhaji after reading so much about it. So, here comes the recipe.
Pav Bhaji is a Marathi fast food dish and is savored by all.
Pav Bhaji Recipe
- Potato medium size - 4
- Cabbage chopped - 1 Cup
- Cauliflower flowerets - 1 Cup
- Green Peas -1/2 Cup
- Onions finely chopped - 2
- Tomato finely chopped - 2
- Initially, you need to cut potato into small pieces and wash them along with other vegetables.
- After washing the vegetables, cook them in a Pressure Cooker. Pressure cooking is not required in case of green frozen peas.
- For making traditional Bhaji, you need to mash cooked vegetables, coarsely.
- Now, take 2 tbsp. butter and heat it in a frying pan or Kadhai. Also, add green chili and chopped onions.
- Fry all the ingredients until they become light golden brown in color. Thereafter, add chopped tomato and cook till it becomes tender.
- Now it’s turn to add Pav Bhaji Masala, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam Masala and salt into the mixture.
- After adding all the spices, cook the mixture for 4 to 5 minutes. If you want to add frozen peas, you can add them now.
- Take the boiled vegetables, lemon juice and add them into the mixture and simmer them till it becomes thick and stir.
- When Bhaji is ready, slit the Pavs horizontally and apply little butter on Tava. Roast Pavs on Tava till they become soft and buttery.
- You can use chopped coriander leaves and onions to garnish Bhaji.
- Now, Pav Bhaji is ready to relish.