Diwali is an occasion, when preparation of numerous delicacies is on full bloom in Indian households and Kesar Kaju Barfi is one of the main sweets made on this occasion. This sweet is especially popular among people, who do not like over the top sugary stuff. Kesar Kaju Barfi is popularly known as Kaju Katli, as it is made of ground cashews and sugar. When prepared right it melts in ones mouth leaving behind savory and scrumptious taste of sweet roasted cashews. If you love this sweet, then instead of buying it from the market this festive season, with the help of the easy to follow recipe given below, cook it at home and share with your family.
This article states easy to make home recipe, of delicious Kesar Kaju Barfi. Give it a try this Diwali!
Kesar Kaju Barfi
- 1 tsp Kesar (saffron)
- 1000 gms Kaju (cashew nuts)
- 1/2 tsp Orange color
- 600 gms Sugar
- 2 Chandi (silver) warak
- Put cashew nuts in water for 3 hours, afterwards drain the water and ground the cashew nuts finely.
- Mix sugar and cashews in a pan on a low flame, while stirring constantly.
- Add orange and saffron color in the mixture, stir and roast till done.
- Place a butter paper on a rolling board and place the mixture on it, after removing from the flame.
- Now place another butter paper, sandwhiching the mixture between the two papers. Level it with the assistance of a rolling pin.
- Next, do away with the butter paper form top and replace it with a silver warak.
- Finally cut burfi pieces from the leveled dough.