The tale of Diwali dessert is incomplete without Carrot Halwa or Gajar Ka Halwa. This ultimate delicacy is widely relished across India, especially in northern and eastern region. Besides Diwali, Gajar Ka Halwa is also relished as a post dinner dessert, every day. Highly rich with nutritious ingrediants, such as Carrot and milk, it is a reservoir of energy. Gajar ka Halwa contains about 6.8 grams of proteins, 50.3 gram carbohydrates and about 1.9 grams of fat content. Check out the simple and quick to make recipe of Carrot Halwa by browsing through the below given lines.
Carrot Halwa or Gajar Ka Halwa is one of the most savored desserts in northern and eastern region of India. Get simple recipe of Carrot Halwa on this page.
Carrot Halwa Recipe
- Carrots - 6 (Grated finely)
- Milk - 3 Cups
- Sugar - 1 Cup
- Mawa - 1/2 Cup (Powdered milk)
- Khoya - 3 tsp (Ricotta cheese)
- Almonds - 1/8 Cup (Chopped)
- Cardamoms - 5 (Skinned and crushed fine)
- Pistachios - 2-3 (Powdered)
- Ghee - 1/4 Cup (Clarified butter)
- Raisins - 1 tsp
- Start the preparation with boiling the carrots and milk in an open pan maintaining a low flame. Keep stirring in order to mix carrot and milk.
- When carrots are cooked, take them out and drain the excess milk.
- Now, you need to pour milk powder (mava), Ricotta cheese and sugar onto the cooked carrots.
- Take a fry pan to heat ghee. When ghee is melted, add carrot mixture and keep high flame until the carrot paste loses the milky texture and later turns into golden brown color. Also, make sure that sugar has totally dissolved.
- Thereafter, add raisins, cardamoms, powdered pistas and the almonds into the prepared paste.
- Heat continuously on low flame to make it more delicious.
- Now, Gajar Ka Halwa is ready to serve.