Milk Burfi is a wonderful sweet made on various festive occasions across India, especially during the Diwali festival. It is quite quick, simple and uncomplicated to make. This mouth watering sweet in made of paneer extracted from curdled milk. The main ingredients of this delectable dish include dried milk powder, sugar and ghee, besides the whole milk. This Diwali prepare this wonderful dairy based sweet at home, with help of the recipe given below and become a master chef in the eyes of your family and friends.
Milk Burfi is a delicious and popular sweet made on the occasion of Diwali. Make this exquisite sweet with the help of recipe given below.
Milk Burfi Recipe
- 2 cup Whole Milk
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice (fresh)
- 2 tbsp Milk Powder
- 3 tbsp Sugar (powdered)
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 sheet Edible Silver Foil (Varq)
- First and foremost, heat the milk a little and then, add lemon juice in the milk to curdle it.
- Then hang the curdled milk in a muslin cloth for 3 hours.
- Once the milk solidifies into cheese, add milk powder and sugar to the cheese and kneed the mixture well.
- Next, heat the ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and add the cheese mixture into it.
- Stir-Fry this mixture over very low flame until the ghee separates.
- Then, take off the mixture from the heat, add cardamom powder to it, and allow it to cool for a while.
- Blend properly by again kneading it.
- Pat the kneaded mixture into a flat cake and allow it to cool completely.
- Cut into squares and decorate with silver foil.